Man with a Mission

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Advice from a Tree

Ok I have been slacking but what else would you expect from me. Actually at least I have good reason for it this time, I have been living life. I have now returned back to work full time and diving into my new position at Mark Travel. I have also been spending time with Alec and Skye. From playing with cars to reading Harry Potter with Skye. Yesterday we went to the Zoo's A'la Cart and had a blast. Alec loves the zoo and its always fun to try new foods plus the weather was perfect.

Also, Skye's back is killing her. She finlly went to the Dr. on Friday and got a muscle relaxer and pain pills. I must say her back caused a scare for her because it caused her to have sever headaches and of course anytime someone has a headache in our household the first thought is Tumor. But all is well, her med's make her a little more chatty if you can imagine Skye being any more chatty. The med's have a relaxer and caffine in it...a little Heckel and Jyde.

Otherwise not much else tonight. We are going out to a movie and dinner to celebrate 11 years of marriage. We also hope next week to turn on the kiln and start making some glass art. Plus next week the 24th the weight limit is officaly over I can then lift Alec. I must be honest, this weekend I have broken that rule a couple of times now but it's only 1 week away and Skye needs the break to let her back heal.

Until later take care everyone.

I wanted to share this little poem that was passed onto me from a friend...

"Advice from a Tree"

Dear Friend
Stand Tall and Proud
Sink your roots deeply into the Earth
Reflect the light of your tru nature
Think long term
Go out on a limb
Remember your place among all living beings
Embrace the joy the changing seasons
For each yields its own abundance
The Energy and Birth of Spring
The Growth and Contentment of Summer
The Wisdom to let go like the leavbes in the Fall
The Rest and Quiet renewal of Winter

Feel the wind and the sun
And delight in their presence
Look up at the moon that shines down upon you
And the mystery of the stars at night
Sekk nourishment from the good things in life
Simple pleasures
Earth, fresh air, light
Be content with your natural beauty
Drink plenty of water
Let your limbs away and dance in the breezes
Be flexible
Remember your roots
Enjoy the view

Until next time
David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home