Man with a Mission

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

We’re Going In

Well I had the doctor’s appt today and another MRI. Again the MRI was not able to show us if there really is actual tumor growth, dead cancer cells or side affects of the radiation.

So I have opted to have surgery to find out what the hell is actually going on. I did not have to have surgery, but I don’t want to wait to find out that I have a full-blown tumor in my head again. I will be going in on Monday June 25th (go figure 1 year on the date of the original surgery). After the surgery they will biopsy the removed tissue to find out if it is or not cancer.

Otherwise everything is fine I feel fine no headaches or side affects. I will try to update once I’m out of the hospital to let everyone know how I’m feeling and the results of the surgery. This weekend we are just planning ahead to make next week a little easier on us (prepare food, cut the grass, laundry, give Alec lots of attention). That will be the hardest again, the weight and driving restrictions. I’m hoping Alec will understand when I cannot pick him up. And as I learned from last time, I need to ask for help. So I’m asking for help…from anybody who can spare it. It may not seem like much but it will help not only me, but Skye and Alec. Here is the laundry list of items that helped so much the last time, and again thank you all for your friendship in these times.

- Pre-made food
- Cutting Grass
- Car Pooling (Once I’m released to return back to work, I may need help getting there and home)
- Take Skye out to get her mind off things

Until then take care everyone
~ David

3 Comments:

  • I wish I was closer, as it is I am having a yard sale to somewhat clean out my dad's house. It should be lot of fun :( I will be thinking of you guys.
    Love you all
    Cathie

    By Blogger Cathie, at 11:01 PM  

  • Daaave, You know I'm ALWAYS here for help if you need it. Don't be afraid to ask. :-) Your bro, -Nick

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:48 PM  

  • Dave! You can always count on me to help, even if it is breaking a bed or two :P

    Too bad that commute to and from Milwaukee is a killer :)

    Jerry

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home