Man with a Mission

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Restaurant review

Well here is the restaurant review I promised. Basically Monsoons reminds me of eating Asian in a bar. Very loud and rushed even in the dinning area. Also as I’m partial to the little hole in the wall Asian places that offers lots of things to eat and good food I found at Monsoons menu sparse with only offering maybe 10 main dishes to choose from. We ordered the crispy honey chicken and shared. I found it not crispy and not very flavorful, no sauce so adding rice only made it dry.

So after the disappointment we ended the night at cheese cake factory for dessert and you cannot go wrong there. But please don’t take my word on Monsoons check it out for yourself but don’t say I did not warn you.

I also surprised my wife with a little movie. I scanned in a collection of photos of our last 10 or so years. Now all the photos are not just us being cute some are just capturing a moment in time. And for those at work you cannot use these photos against me when I get back and yes I was that young once.

Please note I have never used Microsoft moviemaker so the movie might take a while to open up.

Click here or paste the url in a new window http://www.skyestudio.com/blog/10years_0001.wmv

I have been reading a book I received for my birthday on glass fusion. Lovely book. The kiln has been put on hold as we try to figure out how they are going to ship it. They say they will drive the truck up but not take it off the truck or just dump it in the street. This would not be a problem if I could just lift 230 pounds myself. So we are looking into a couple other ways of getting our kiln. Should have it figured out by this week.

Update in the health department. I have been feeling fine the only side affect is a hair loss around the scar and behind the ear, but no need for a haircut even though my wife just keeps edging me on to shave all off as she finds bald men hot. But beyond that I feel fine.

Well take care everyone.

2 Comments:

  • Loved the video, bud.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:30 PM  

  • Hi David and Skye!!! Thanks to Melissa Gulya, I finally got to view the blog. You know how Brian is with details and passing along info to me!! I so enjoyed reading up on your journey and thought the David and Skye movie was second to none. What fun!! I'll keep reading. You keep doing what you're doing! This thing is no match for you two!! Cindy Dean

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home