Man with a Mission

Monday, August 07, 2006

Its not all doctor's appoinments and medication

Every week they take blood to check my white blood count and my platelets. (Platelets help your blood clot. A low platelet count (thrombocytopenia) means your body can't stop itself from bleeding, which could lead to dangerous blood loss.). The test last week left the Doctor and the resident scratching their head. My white blood count is very good but my platelets have increased since the week before. They were unsure on how to explain this. I get the feeling there unsure on how to deal with me half the time with my optimistic, energy filled attitude. The only thing they can say, as I basically drill back the answers to their questions before they ask, is that there will be hair loss in about the 4th to 6th week. I try to keep reminding them that I was losing my hair before but they don't get the joke.

Lets talk about something fun now. There is so much more to life then "Tumor Talk" as we like to call it at home. I hope everyone is now enjoying the lovely weather we had this weekend. I have been getting a lot of questions about what I have been doing in my spare time. So here goes the list.

We put our order in for our glass kiln. A friend of ours gave us a small loan to buy the kiln. She felt it was important that we continue to develop ourselves artistically. So we should hopefully have it soon. I will try to post our work from the class we did last fall.

Last week Thursday we received free tickets from another friend to go and see Billy Idol in concert at the Rave. He can still rock the stage it was a blast.

About 2 weeks ago my brother was in town. We went over to a friend’s house and had a chance to play in his music studio. It was a great time mixing and making our own song. My friend just finished the finally mixing on it so here it is. The name of the song is "IT". Listen (It might take a couple of minutes to open) http://www.skyestudio.com/blog/it.mp3

Other then that I have been spending time with Alec doing anything from building with his blocks to playing with cars and loving every second of it. I have been watching a few movies with Skye and reading "Holidays on Ice” by David Sedaris which lets say is an interesting view of the holidays. This week we are going to celebrate our 10-year anniversary not to sure what we are doing yet.

Until then take care everyone.

3 Comments:

  • Great song! It makes me want to go roller skating. Hehe, just kidding. Come back to work soon! -Katie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:14 PM  

  • Dude, Devo called and want to know what time you'll be at practice. :)

    Sounds great.

    S-DA

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:30 PM  

  • Nice tune, dude, and happy anniversary. It's great that you can spend so much time with Alec.

    Good work on the platelets - now if you can somehow GAIN hair...

    Mark

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home