Man with a Mission

Monday, July 17, 2006

Overview

Ok for those of you who are just now hearing this or for anybody who has missed out on anything here is an overview to date.

This whole thing starting around end of May early June with headaches that lasted about 3 weeks. I was lucky enough that the doctor had a feeling something more was going on besides the possible migran headaches. On June 24th the doctor sent me to get a MRI done. After he reviewed the results they found a golf ball size tumor on the right side of my head.
I had the surgery on June 25th to remove the tumor and was out of the hospital by June 28th. I have not been on any pain med's since the morning of June 26th. They diagnosed the tumor to be cancer.

On July 7th I returned to the doctor and had the staples removed and to check how I have been feeling. To be honest since the day after the surgery I have felt fine. I feel as though I went in for some routine surgery or a simple doctor check up. I think the hardest part to this point has been the weight restrictions (10lb's) and not being able to drive. Since the July 7th's check up some of this has been lifted. I can now drive short distance's no freeway driving and I can now lift my son Alec up.

After a lot of research and appointments we have decided to go to the Froedtert Medical Collage of Wisconsin. We have found Neurology’s and a Radiation Oncologists that specializes in brain tumors/cancer.

1 Comments:

  • Hey David [Dirk to some]!

    When I saw your new blog my first thought was, fantastic, a fountain of Dirkisms, as in "you'll be opening up worms". But I don't see anything so far of your usual spontaneous creativity which leads me to think it's being spellchecked or proofread. That would be a pity.

    Not that there are no spelling mistakes but I'll refrain from my usual pedantic role and let them pass -- except for one. I can't resist pointing out the Unconscious at work, demonstrating your eagerness to return to your job. Amazingly, you spelled Froedtert right, but missed College. Significantly, you spelled it Collage, as in the program that gave you (and everyone else) headaches long before the tumor.

    So keep on writing, keep on healing, keep hoisting Alec. Salomea and I are glad to see all that happening. And let Dirk and the Dirkisms out!

    Rick [RNO]

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home